At work in my workshop

About Me

My photo
I was brought up on a smallholding by my Artist parents where my affinity for the natural world was nurtured. My first job, after finding school was not for me, was in forestry on Gorhambury Estate near St Albans where my relationship with trees and wood was developed. I have now been carving for over twenty years and exhibit my work regularly during Oxford and Bucks Art Weeks and Open Studio events. I joined Bicester Sculpture Group about ten years ago to increase the range of materials I used and to learn casting techniques. I am currently tutor technician for the group passing on my skills in welding and casting. TEACHING As well as working at the Bicester Sculpture Group I teach Woodcarving for all abilities at the Queens Park Arts Centre in Aylesbury. The times and details of the classes can be found at www.qpc.org . I also provide tuition for small groups, up to five , at my own workshop.

Saturday 30 January 2016

Spring 2016


Spring 2016


I shall be showing my work during Oxford Art Weeks  with the Bicester Sculpture Group from 21st May to 29th May
go to www.artweeks.org for full details

If you wish to make contact please email me mickwaterhouse@yahoo.co.uk


Here  are some recent pieces:


  The Mustard Seed

 Inspired by the bible story of the grain of mustard that grows into a tree that can support the fowls of the air.
Carved in Lime and coloured with burned detail.


"Cherub"

Originally I titled the carving, in Chestnut 'Man a Work in Progress'.
Have now created its wings in steel creating the Cherub.

'White Horse'

Carved onto sawn oak boards and coloured
 creating an interesting contrast in surfaces.


A pair of Foliate Heads in oak 
inspired by  a Roman Frieze


A series of relief carvings in Lime 





Oak Corbel






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers